Shipping and Receiving Clerk
REPORTS TO: Manufacturing Director
EFFECTIVE DATE: 4/15/2019SUMMARY:
Performs various types of product packing and shipping in accordance with established procedures and/or commercial standards; receives and stocks incoming equipment, materials, and supplies and prepares shipments. Candidate must be dependable, professional, adaptable, have good interpersonal skills and punctual. Ideal candidate will have a keen eye to identify inventory issues, and logistical issues. Candidate must be able to obtain a Forklift Operator Certification within 90 days of employment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Processes all in- and outbound shipments including but not limited to sorting, logging, delivering, packing, and shipping.
- Audits each shipment prior to packing to ensure that goods match order.
- Packs and labels product based on established standards.
- Ensures that proper equipment, manuals, and accessories are shipped with correct order.
- Prepares shipping and receiving documentation; maintains orderly files for all documentation.
- Participates in scheduling of daily transportation.
- Processes all receiving transactions and paperwork.
- Inspects all incoming freight for damage; follows-up with purchasing to resolve any damaged freight issues.
- Ability to operate and obtain a Forklift Operator Certificate, forklift experience a plus.
- Assists in maintaining material inventory levels.
- Assists in responses to requests for tracing of missing shipments.
- Assists in maintaining safety and housekeeping standards in shipping area.
- Performs required administrative tasks; prepares all required reports and correspondence.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- One to two years related experience or equivalent.
- Familiarity with shipping practices and handling methods.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and manage priorities
- Commitment to excellence and pay attention to detail
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Good computer, math, oral and communication skills
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Ability to identify colors
- Excellent manual dexterity and hand/eye coordination.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Continually required to stand, walk, sit, lift, climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Continually required to talk or hear
- Continually utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read
technical information, and use a keyboard
- Continually required to lift/push/carry items less than 25 pounds/ up to 60 pounds
- Occasionally exposure to wet and/or humid conditions (non-weather)
- Continually work near moving mechanical parts
- Occasionally work in high, precarious places
- Occasionally work around fumes, airborne particles, or toxic chemicals
- Continually exposure to outside (Poway, CA) weather conditions
- Continually exposure to extreme heat or cold (non-weather)
- Occasionally exposed to loud noise
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Apply for This Job >
REPORTS TO: Ryan Smith, CTO
EFFECTIVE DATE: 4/5/2019SUMMARY:
As Electrical/Embedded Engineer, you will be one of the leading creative and technical forces behind the design and development of new power conversion systems. Your experience with schematic capture, layout, component selection, reliability, standards, and noise immunity will help to lead the design of these systems. Experience with (or the ability to learn quickly about) insulation materials, voltage creepage/clearance distances and required component spacing is desired. Your creativity, passion, and outside-the-box thinking will inspire the engineers within your team as you take ideas from conception and bring them into reality in EPC’s multimegawatt inverter test lab. This position requires solid interpersonal & team skills, demonstrated talent, a strong self-motivation and self-starting attitude, and an enthusiasm that starts in the design phase and continues until the product is successfully operating to customer’s requirements.
- Maintaining a dozen or more PCB designs. Most PCBs are sub-components within multiple power conversion products
- Lead design and development of blank-sheet controller cards for new power electronics products, as well as other I/O, communication, and interface PCB
- Develop code for FPGAs
- Oversee initial PCB fabrication, and act as the main POC for interfacing with vendors
- Develop and coordinate functional and FAT testing
- Travel not required
- Highly proficient in the design of circuits and schematic capture
- 3+ years experience related to the job responsibilities
- Sc. or M.Sc. in engineering, physics, or similar technical field
- Proficient with Altium
- Able to lead conceptual design, prototype testing, and coordinate setup for volume production
- PCB design for voltages > 500 V
- Signal conditioning
- TI processors: Delfino, Sitara
- Typical onboard power/voltage supply design and management:
- example: 24V in, produce +/-15V, 12V, +/- 5V, 3.3V, 1.2V
- Typical microprocessor communication protocols
- UARTs, CAN, SPI, I2C, parallel memory address/data busses, ethernet,
- External memory and peripherals: FLASH, RAM, AD/DAC, RTC, CAN controllers,
- CPLD/FPGA programming experience
- C and/or Python programming experience
- High speed differential signalling, such as LVDS, and impedance controlled layouts
- Power consumption estimation
- Thermal estimations, trace resistance and heating, trace width calculations
- Isolation calculations, creepage / clearance
- UL standards, IPC standards, and other industrial/commercial PCB standards
- Typical PCB testing methods and fixturing: flying probe, bed of nails, …
- Knowledgeable with laying out PCBs for high noise environments
- NI/Labview experience
- DAQ, lab testing, board bringup
- Soldering and PCB rework skills
- Hands on lab skills, cable harness fabrication, scope, dmm, signal generators, etc ...
REPORTS TO: Purchasing Manager
EFFECTIVE DATE: 5/1/2019
CLOSE DATE: 6/1/2019SUMMARY:
SUMMARY: Assisting Purchasing Manager with all aspects of procurement of materials and/or services.
Bachelor’s degree in the supply chain field or related area with a minimum of 2- 5 years of sourcing experience.
Proficiency with MS Office.
Knowledge of key inventory performance drivers and metrics.
Knowledge of Six Sigma Applications desirable.
Experience working in a manufacturing environment, helpful.
Desire to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
Ability to manage priorities and workflow
Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
Working knowledge of data collection, data analysis, evaluation, and scientific method.
Demonstrated ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.